Grace Gospel Church
Articles of Faith
Articles of Faith
- We believe there is but one true and living God (1 John 5:20). He is eternal; of infinite power, wisdom and goodness; the Creator of all things, visible and invisible (Genesis 1:1). In the unity of the Godhead, there are three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (1 John 5:7).
- We believe Jesus Christ to be the eternal Son of God (Heb 1:1-3), who became flesh (John 1:14, Col 2:9), being born of the virgin Mary (Luke 1:35). He died for our sins on the cross (1 Peter 2:24), according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice (2 Cor 5:21). All who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood, not on their own works (Col 1:14, Eph 2:8).
- We believe the Holy Spirit to be equal with the Father and the Son (1 John 5:7). He is a person; He is come as the fulfillment of Christ’s promise (John 16:7); He regenerates (John 3:3-5), indwells (1 Cor 6:19), seals (Eph 1:13-14), infills (Eph 5:18), empowers (Romans 8:2), and guides the believer (Gal 5:16-25). We believe that the Holy Spirit is received by the believer through the new birth and that the body of the believer thus becomes the temple of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Scripture of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God, inerrant in the original writings, and they are our supreme and final authority in faith and life (2 Tim 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe that man was created in the image of God (Gen 1:26-27); that he sinned (Romans 3:23, Romans 5:12), and thereby incurred not only physical death (1 Cor 15:21-22), but also that spiritual death which is not an annihilation (Luke 16:23, Rev 21:8), but eternal separation from God (Rev 20:11-15). We believe that all men are born with a sinful nature, totally depraved, and if they are not born again, are eternally lost (Romans 6:23, John 3:18).
- We believe we are save by grace (Eph 2:8), through faith and faith alone in the shed blood of Jesus Christ on Calvary’s cross (Eph 1:7). The believer who exercises saving faith in Christ possesses eternal life and is eternally secure (John 10:28-29, John 5:24).
- We believe that every true Christian should apply his life in service for Jesus Christ. Salvation if by grace through faith alone. Works have no part or lot with being saved (Romans 3:20-21). We are justified by faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1). Works are the outgrowth of our salvation (Eph 2:10). While we are saved apart from works, this does not give a license to sin. Grace teaches good works (Titus 2:11-12). We believe that every Christian will be judged according to His works (2 Cor 5:10), and over and above the gift of salvation, believers will receive rewards for all work that shall abide (1 Cor 3:12-15).
- We believe, in accordance with article 7, that we should be active in the support of world-wide missions, and that our support should go to missions both at home and abroad, which has as their supreme motive the winning of souls for Jesus Christ (Matt 28:18-20, Mark 16:15).
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord (1 Cor 15:3-20); in His ascension into heaven (Acts 1:9); and His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate, the propitiation for our sins (1 John 2:1-2).
- We believe in the “blessed hope,” the personal (Acts 1:11), pre-tribulation (1 Thess 5:9), pre-millenial (2 Thess 2:1-4), and imminent return (Matt 24:36) of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for His church (1 Thess 4:14-18). The Tribulation period (7 years) will take place on the Earth following the rapture of the church (Daniel 9:24, Rev 6-19), followed by His return to the Earth in power and great glory with His saints, to set up His kingdom (Rev 19:11-16).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust (Acts 24:15), in heaven as the eternal home of the redeemed, where we shall dwell in conscious, everlasting blessedness (John 14:1-3, Rev 21:1-5), and in hell as a place where the unsaved shall dwell in everlasting conscious torment and the lake of fire (Rev 21:8).
- We believe that all in this dispensation who have accepted Christ as Savior are members of the Church, the body of Christ. Christ is the head (Col 1:8); we are members of His body, the Church (1 Cor 12:12-27, Eph 5:25-32). Every Christian should unite with a local, Bible-believing church for fellowship and privilege of service.
- We believe that the ordinances of the church are baptism (the immersion of the believer in water) unto the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matt 28:19-20, Acts 2:41, 46-47, Acts 16:33) and the Lord’s Supper (1 Cor 11:23-32). The Scriptural order being first baptism, and second the Lord’s Supper. No person is qualified to have part in either of these unless he has been born from above.
- We believe every true Christian should faithfully give of his income to God for the spreading of the gospel. God owns all (Col 1:10-16); we are but His stewards (1 Cor 4:1-2). Our giving is not to be as unto men (Matt 6:1-4), but as an act of worship (1 Cor 16:1-3).
- We believe that God is sovereign in the bestowment of all His gifts; that the “sign gifts” gradually ceased with the death of the apostles and the completion of the New Testament Scriptures (1 Cor 14:4-11, 1 Cor 13:8-13, 2 Cor 2:12, Eph 4:7-12).
- We believe that God does hear and answer the prayer of faith, in accord with His own will, for the sick and afflicted (John 15:7, 1 John 5:14-15).
- We believe the Bible teaches that legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage (Gen 2:24, Heb 13:4, Mark 10:6-9). Hence, this church opposes all forms of sexual immorality, including adultery, homosexuality, and pornography (1 Cor 6:18, Lev 18:22, Matt 5:28, 1 Cor 6:9-11).